Zeynep has considerable experience in the representation of lenders, sponsors and developers in a range of project development and financings. Zeynep's practice concentrates on energy, infrastructure and project finance, with particular experience in the Turkish power and gas market, privatizations, and energy mergers and acquisitions. She also specializes in administrative law matters, regulatory agencies and administrative litigation.
Zeynep has lectured on "Basic Concepts of English Law" at the Research Institute of Banking and Commercial Law in Ankara as well as on "Introduction to Law" at Middle East Technical University, Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences.
Project Finance, Regulatory & Compliance
Construction & Infrastructure, Energy & Natural Resources, Government Contracts & PPP
Bars and Associates
Istanbul Bar Association
Ankara Bar Association
LL.B. Ankara University, Faculty of Law
LL.M Notthingham University, Faculty of Law
- Chambers Global recommendation
Ranked as one of the leading lawyers in Projects & Energy, Dispute Resolution and Banking & Finance.
- European Legal 500 recommendation
Ranked as a leading individual in Project Finance/Projects.
- IFLR 1000 Energy and Infrastructure Guide
Ranked as a leading lawyer.
- IFLR 1000 Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers recommendations
Ranked as a leading lawyer in Banking and Finance, Competition, Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development and Project Finance.
- "Commercial Litigation – International Series" (Turkey chapter), with Elif Demiröz, Thomson Reuters (September 2015), p. 467-479.
- Contributing author to the Turkey section of "PLC - Cartel Leniency", with Dr. Gamze Öz and Dr. Zeynep Çakmak (September 2012).
- "Infrastructure & Construction" chapter of IFLR’s "2012 Guide to Turkey" with Çağdaş Evrim Ergün (July 2012), p. 13-16.
- Author of book entitled "Bağımsız İdari Otorite Olarak Enerji Piyasası Düzenleme Kurumu" (Energy Market Regulatory Authority as an Independent Administrative Authority) (May 2011).
- "Anti-Cartel Enforcement Worldwide" (Turkey chapter), with Gamze Öz, Cambridge University Press (2009), Volume III, p. 1184-1209.
- "Tax Liabilities of Board Members and Managers in a Joint Stock Company", with Şebnem Önder, ISI Emerging Markets (April 2, 2004) and Tax Planning International Review, Volume 31, No. 9 (September 2004).
- "Petrol Piyasası Kanunu" (The Petroleum Market Law), with Çağdaş Evrim Ergün, PetroGas (February-March 2004), No. 46.
- "Putting the Donkey on the Roof to Work", with Hugh Verrier, Financial Times of London (March 31, 1998).
- "Courts Halt Progress on Power Projects", with Aslı Başgöz and Hugh Verrier, Financial Times of London (June 2, 1997).
- "Turkey’s BOT Law: The Effects of Amendments, Court Rulings", Middle East Executive Reports (June 1996), Volume 19.